Friday, December 16, 2005

David Slack on Delivering "Go"

The upcoming episode, "Go," is an origin story written by series Producer/Writer, David Slack. At one point, it seemed like such an episode would never get made. So is there any pressure in delivering such a highly anticipated episode?

"Um... Ye-ah!," David answered, with mock-emphasis. "Always. You never want to write anything bad. But there's always pressure. For this one, I guess tremendous pressure. It actually became a little complicated to write. But I couldn't have picked a more fitting story for my final script on the series. Because it was really fun to do, and truly challenging to write. Usually in a standard episode, you would have an A plot with the villain, a B plot that's emotional and a C plot 'runner.' But for this one to work properly, I had to have 5 plots - one for each of the Titans. So however simplified, there had to be a little arc for each character - because that's how the story had to work. So it was a lot to fit into a half hour. But I was really pleased with the way that one came out. I think there's some cool stuff in there and I hope people enjoy it."

Story Editor Rob Hoegee assures us all, "I think it really turned out great."

Look for "Go!" this Saturday, December 17th.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    Great episode.

    I loved "feral" Starfire!

    I also loved how they kept the kiss between Robin and Starfire.

    Excellent episode

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Mr Saturday Morning said…

    Agreed! I loved how they incorporated so much of NEW TEEN TITANS #1. David Slack rules.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home