Monday, February 20, 2006

"Games" Looks Unlikely

The George Perez website has an update on the status of GAMES, among other Perez-related projects...

From George himself: " Well, it's time for an all-too-infrequent update on what's going on at the International House of Pérez. I've read quite a number of posts on various message boards asking such things as"When will George be starting on THE BRAVE & THE BOLD?", "Will GAMES: THE TITANS GRAPHIC NOVEL ever come out?", "Is he working on the DC character turn-arounds for DC's official bible?" "Will that art be made available to the buying public?"

"[...] The official status of GAMES is a bit more tricky. With all the post-IC work I have lined up, I don't see how I will have the time to get back on the graphic novel. Quite honestly, and honesty can be quite brutal, I wouldn't hold my breath on it ever being released. I know that my wonderful friend and co-creator Marv Wolfman is still guardedly optimistic on the resurrection of this project (a lot of that positive thinking having been fueled by me two years ago when I stated my intent to complete the art), but my subsequent exclusive contract with DC has prompted the company to utilize my talents on more current projects aimed at forming DC's future rather than just basking in the nostalgia of its past. The completed art in GAMES is over 15 years old, although it does hold up pretty damn well, in my opinion. I guess it could conceivably be restarted yet again, but it seems to become more unlikely with each new DC assignment in each passing new year. For that, I am sincerely sorry-- For Marv, for inker Mike Perkins who signed a Marvel exclusive since inking ten of the un-inked pages, for Al Vey, who had inked the earlier pages over a decade ago, for color artist Tom Smith, for the fans who have waited so long and whose hopes may be dashed yet again-- and, finally, for me. It would have been nice to put closure to the project. Oh, and for those who suggested that some other artist or artists finish the project, I suggested the same thing years ago. Unfortunately, DC only wanted this as a Wolfman/Pérez Titans story; so, without me, it's not getting done. An unfortunate Catch-22, I'm afraid. Still, there is always that small glimmer of hope. After all, what if I'm done with all my IC stuff and there's still no B & B work ready? You never know."

2 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I realy hope they can get it finished! That'd be so cool

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    this has to be the most delayed project in comic book history! Talk about frustrating!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home