Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Rewriting ‘Infinite Crisis’ #4

GEOFF JOHNS: WRITER'S WORKSHOP
Rewriting, Part I: ‘Infinite Crisis’ #4

Geoff talks about rewriting Infinite Crisis #4; We learn what was changed and why - and which Titans were saved from death!

"The first draft of this scene, which can be viewed by clicking here, went through many debates and changes. It originally included Superboy-Prime showing up and, as he does, tearing through the heroes. But in the first version, not only did he kill a different character (and there were many on the list which I’ll get to in a second–because I know that’s what people want to know) but he didn’t react the right way when he murdered someone.

It was so incredibly wrong to me.

But I didn’t have it figured out yet. So, I told Eddie [Berganza, editor on Infinite Crisis] there was something wrong with these two pages. And I told Phil [Jimenez, artist for the series]. And I thought about it.

Was it a matter of who died? That was a huge question. In the first draft, the Teen Titans’ Argent was the one that faced Prime’s outburst. But it was his heat vision that did it. Eddie loved Argent and had plans for her, so she was taken off of the table. There was discussion, and a draft, where Terra was the one who was killed. But I felt like her story hadn’t been yet told–it would leave too many unanswered questions. Red Star was also proposed, due to power levels but we had plans for him. And then I realized, as strange as it sounds, we needed to use someone obscure. I hated to say it, but this moment was not about who died, but about Superboy-Prime killing."

Read the whole article here.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Mr Saturday Morning said…

    I liked Pantha, but I always thought Baby softened her TOO much. They should have definitely solved her origin. I wouldnt mind it if Pantha and Baby broke away from Red Star and went solo in South America or something. MAybe they could hunt down this NEW wildebeest and at last find answers to Pantha's origin. Oh well.

    Also, there were other Titans that were more disposable: Minion, Joto, Prysm, Fringe, Azrael to name a few...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home