Tuesday, August 01, 2006

SDCC: Mike McKone's Titans II







Mike McKone made a return to San Diego Cimic-Con once again this year. Mike's been living in Spain for more than a year now, so the trip to San Diego is quite a jaunt. I've been enjoying Mike's work on the FANTASTIC FOUR. But man, you guys should have seen all the commissions Mike did for the con. The guy should REALLY be doing one of the X-books. Actually, he SHOULD be back on Titans... but I digress...

Mike's agent and all-around-nice-guy, Art, was helping Mike run the booth and sell his art. I got to talking about eventually having Mike draw EACH of the Titans for me, since he already drew Beast Boy and Starfire. To my surprise, Art and Mike hooked me up with ALL SIX remaining Titans. What a way to end the con!

This is one of the most awesome additions to my collection!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You draw the best things like TEEN TITANS it's my faboritew show keep drawing the new episodes!!!!!
    My favorite TITAN is Raven draw more NEW episodes of Raven!!!!!!!!
    :) ;) Your best fan
    Maria L

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    These sketches make me realize how much I miss McKone on Titans. While Tony Daniels is doing a great job, Mike really re-defined the look of the Titans with his art.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Mr Saturday Morning said…

    I agree. I also REALLY liked McKone's character designs and re-designs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home