Titans News from WizardWorld Chicago
from Newsarama: Friday afternoon, DC Comics held its DC Nation panel, which took the form of an open free-for-all question and answer session with the panelists: Dan Didio (who hosted), Keith Giffen, Geoff Johns, Jann Jones, and Bob Wayne (VP Sales).
- how much Superboy story is left to be told, and how much is the character’s removal from the DCU is due to litigation (with the Siegel family)? Bob Wayne: “We don’t comment on pending litigation.”
- Asked about seeing the Cassandra Cain Batgirl again, Johns said that she is the Batgirl in the upcoming “Titans East” storyline in Teen Titans.
- The changes and variations in the portrayal of Nightwing? “Nighting will be reconciled,” Didio said.
- In 52: Johns added that around issue #30, Morrison is writing a full issue of 52 featuring Bruace Wayne, Tim Drake, and Dick Grayson, and Didio noted that in Nightwing’s regular series, Marv Wolfman and Dan Jurgens’ previously announced four-issue run has already been extended, though he didn’t say how many more issues the team will be doing. Didio also noted that there will be a couple of specials that will tie up what was happening in Nightwing and Outsiders.
- Readers will found out what happened to Bart Allen’s missing years in the coming months.
- "Ray Palmer unshrink, Scott Free, or Big Barda showing up? Didio: No, yes, yes. Johns: We see Little Barda in 52. She’s a Teen Titan, but still 7’ 2” "
- Possibility of a Doom Patrol series or miniseries? Johns: “I like playing with them in Teen Titans.”
- Where’s Roy Harper? Didio (thoughtful): “That’s a really good question.”
- Wally West show up again? Johns: Yes
- Static Shock in Teen Titans? Johns: I’ve wanted that character since we launched. Didio: It’s hard to coordinate.
For more on Chicago, go to the Newsarama complete coverage!