Friday, August 10, 2007

SDCC 2007: Meeting Joss Whedon


It was the end of San Diego Comic-Con, and me and a few friends were heading out for some nachos, margharitas and a post-con wrap-up. As we walked down the street we literally almost ran right into Joss Whedon, who seemed to be deliberating over where to eat with a friend of his. One of the girls in our group was a huge Whedon fan (like myself), and momentarily froze in her tracks. I asked her, "Did you want to meet him?" She nodded.

Instinctively, I beckoned her over and walked toward Joss, and introduced her as a big fan of his. She smiled and shook his hand. Realizing she was frozen into inaction, I then introduced myself and shook Joss' hand, somehow maintaining my composure, and told him I've been a big fan of his work. I mentioned how I attended his panel and was really looking forward to all the new projecst he had lined up. In typical Joss-like humor, he answered, "So you believed all that?" In mock-shock, I answered, "No Ripper? You can't tease us like that." He grinned and I told him I can't wait to see all the cool stuff he has planned.

Meeting Joss Whedon. That was sorta the perfect ending to Comic-Con 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home