Sunday, January 06, 2008

Teen Titans: Year One (Old School)


I loved the first issue of Teen Titans: Year One. If you haven't checked it out, there's some previous scans here at scans daily:

The 5-page preview

and Robin Making a Shocking Discovery (spoilers to #1)

What shocked me is how many fans aren't familiar with the Teen Titans origin story! How did they all gather together? It was detailed in a case file in TEEN TITANS #53 [1978]. This issue told the flashback how the group first gathered... and revealed Speedy was a founding meember after all! (one of the very first ret-cons, kiddies...)

Once you see the original story, you'll see how closely TEEN TITANS: YEAR ONE #1 aligns with that tale -



Check out the Original Year One story here! (30 year old spoilers within...)

I urge everyone to run out and buy TEEN TITANS: YEAR ONE #1! It's full of the awesome and the creative team has outdone themselves! The art alone will blow you away.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, dude I loved it!
    I think it's funny that Wally acted so much like Bart as a kid (impatient!)
    But did it seem just a little bit short, or was it just me?
    Also, are they going with that little fish at the end as being Gar? Wouldn't he be a bit young here? Or with the Doom Patrol?

    But anyways, Kerschel steals the show for me once again! I love his art, man!

    And I'm a little irked that it recieved a 'do not read' from that jerk over at CBR! Geez he has no taste.

    (I didn't know about the connection to the original origin till now! Thanks, man! Cool)

    -Mike Lepp

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I liked how bill used my screenname "OLD SCHOOL" nice bill

    lance

    great issue btw

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the Teen Titans animated series, didn't Slade say the same thing to Robin? "On the contrary Robin...There's nothing you can do to stop me!" Interesting how Batman said the same thing...

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    actually If you read teen titans #53 from 1978. Batman said it first ;)

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL i so miss the animated series...slade is one of the coolest villians! :-D

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yep slade sed it! its interesting how they sort of linked slade to batman :D like when slade sed to robin "Who knows? I might even become like a father to you" then robin replies "(softly) I already have a father" thats from the apprentice episode i think :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home