Monday, March 10, 2008

Talking Raven With Marv Wolfman


Newsarama reports: Crisis on Infinite Earths. Dracula. New Teen Titans. And that’s just three. Obviously, we’re talking Marv Wolfman. The veteran writer and creator had a high-profile release hit comic shops this week with the first issue of DC Special: Raven #1, a new mini-series featuring the fan favorite character he and George Perez created for the New Teen Titans. What brings Wolfman back now, and does this book have any larger ramifications? Well, we asked.

Newsarma: You co-created Raven nearly 30 years ago. What's it like to come back to the character now?

Marv Wolfman: In point of fact I wrote several Raven pieces in the past including one for the 9-11 tribute book DC did to raise money for the victim's families. I love the Raven character and had proposed several ideas over the years. Finally, DC came to me about doing a mini-series and I jumped at the chance. I love the character; think she's the strongest one of the characters George and I created for NTT who could sustain their own series.

Read the whole interview here.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger mcgeemaw said…

    I've read the first issue. I wasn't too impressed.

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Flamethrower Zen said…

    I read the first issue also. I liked it. I was mainly buying it for Damion Scott's art, but I thought the story was okay too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home