Tuesday, April 22, 2008

NYCC 2008: Eddy Barrows


I first saw Eddy Barrows signing at the DC Booth on Friday. I was able to get a fantastic Ravager sketch while my friend Matt scored a Kid Devil sketch. It was hard to communicate because Eddy doesn't know a lot of English (he hails from Brazil), so I couldn't express how much I've been enjoying his work on the book.








Caught Eddy again on Saturday. This time, I got Miss Martian, while my friend Matt got Starfire and my friend Mark got Wonder Girl.



Finally, on Sunday, I literally tripped over a booth which hosted a number of the South American artists who work for DC. I quickly purchased Eddy's sketchbook and had him sign it. There was a woman at the booth that was able to act as my translator, so Eddy was able to make the connection with me to titanstower.com. He couldn't have been more gracious. Here's a picture I took of Eddy with the sketchbook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Titã said…

    Eddy is a great guy.
    Thanks for the news, Bill.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Correction, I think I got Ravager and you got Kid Devil. Hair up, with patch, no mask....remember.. : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home