Sunday, April 06, 2008

Up Close With Judd Winick


Judd talks Titans and more at wizarduniverse.com:
The 'Green Arrow' scribe opens up on 'Titans,' the ins and outs of superhero marriage and Oliver Queen’s being an complete idiot.

You were originally supposed to write Batman & the Outsiders, not Chuck Dixon. What happened?
I decided to do Titans! I can only juggle so many books. We were talking about the relaunch and [DC’s VP/Editoral] Dan [DiDio] and I started talking about bringing back the original team. The more I thought about it, the more story I could see. It just got to me. So, one title had to go, and it was a good time to hop off. I miss Outsiders, and I miss what we would have done with Bats at the helm. But there’s only so much stock for the soup until it tastes like water.

Working on Titans, are you intimidated by the Marv Wolfman/George Pérez stuff?
Yes it’s intimidating, and I get past it with how I usually get over my fears. Medication, alcohol, crying jags! I’m kidding. I try real hard to tell a good story, and we let the chips fall. I see this as honoring the characters I love.

Will there be any nods to their run in your book?
It’s all nods. But just wait for the swimming pool scene.

From what we’re hearing Aqualad/Tempest will not be featured in the book. Why not?
I’m gonna take the fifth on Tempest. Sometimes silence says more. Capice?

Who would be your dream character to write?
DC comics-wise, I’ve done them all. But I suppose getting a longer term crack at Superman is something I’d love to do. And I will say that I miss Exiles. I love that book.

Read the full article here.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Pulse also had another piece of Winick talking about the title, http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=007127.

    Still skeptic about how the title will turn out, and Donna's new weird costume still pretty damn ugly.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger mcgeemaw said…

    I'd like to see Tempest on the team, or Jericho.

    We'll see what happens after the first storyline.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always liked Pantha! When Marv Wolfman first created her she was fresh for the Ttians and the best thing (in my humble opinion) to come out of the Titans Hunt story line. The team following that story never really got any momentum, but Pantha’s tough attitude and smart remarks were the high points for me of that era. Unfortunately because book didn’t gel anymore it was again revamped and Pantha was written off to the D list for background on calling all titans type stories. Of course John’s violently killed her off in that last (in my opinion very lame) Crisis. Oh well one writers potential is another writers body count!

    ~ Rick

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry posted Panta commets in wrong thread.

    ~ Rick

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heres hoping we see the return of garth,joey, and lilith.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home