Sunday, June 08, 2008

Benitez on TITANS for "Foreseeable Future"


At the WW PHILLY: DCU: CRISIS NOW! PANEL, Newsarama reports: "The Titans slide brought questions about the change from artist Ian Churchill to Joe Benitez in the second issue. DiDio- “Unfortunately Ian hurt his hand, and is recovering, so Joe Benitez will take over the art for the foreseeable future.”

In other Titans news, "
Art Baltazar & Franco Aureliani brought some insight in to future Tiny Titans issues. “Trigon makes pancakes for the Titans, and they have a space adventure to help Starfire clean her room.” They were also quick to mention that any Titan that dies in the regular DCU will pop up alive and well in Tiny Titans."

and "Is Barry Allen returning? Ethan Van Sciver-“ Don’t ask me!” DiDio added “A Perfect place for Flash is a crisis, but not just one Flash, all Flashes…”

and "Is Superboy coming back? “Can’t hear you…” The fan repeats the question, and DiDio responds again “Sorry, I can’t hear you…”"

5 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Tim Rooney said…

    Wow. Benitez being on the book longterm solidifies even more how very much I will not buy that book. His work is awful, and I can't believe they're relaunching Titans with such a terrible team. If Churchhill hurt his hand, use this chance to get a good artist on the book, to at least help make up for the poor writing.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger D-Man said…

    I agree. I think Benitez' take on the Titans is horrible. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to like Winick's writing on this book, but I'm positive the artwork needs to be better.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Of course will Superboy return, no doubt about that. It´s only a question of time.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't a different artist on issue 5? I'm pretty sure some one else is doing at least that issue so I'm paying no mind to Didio's 'forseeable future' comment.

    Cal

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Haven't seen his take on the Titans yet (only have #1, my copy of #2, hasn't arrived yet), but will be sad if he's another artist who instead of getting better, just got worse.
    Yesterday I was checking the Nightwing TPB with Marv's arc with Vigilante, and it included that Annual, which was drawn by Bennitez. Wasn't bad at all, It actually reminded me of this work on Birds of Prey, which was quite enjoyable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home