Thursday, August 14, 2008

SDCC 2008: Brad Meltzer


I met Brad Meltzer at SDCC. He was signing at the HERO Initiative both, which I volunteer at. At the con, the HERO booth is on the outskirts, and many people dont even know people are signing. So Brad didnt have a ton of people. I chatted with him a bit.


On of the things Meltzer wrote that I liked was his essay on THE JUDAS CONTRACT, which a is a charming little fanboy "squee" essay. So I mentioned that, and we talked Titans for awhile, and talked about how anyone of a certain 5-year age range (like 36-41) just loves those Wolfman/Perez Titans. He was actually a nice guy, not that I wouldnt think he would be. But really, no trace of ego at all.

Also, he asked DC if they wanted him to tie up some loose ends in JLA... like Vixen's powers and the Geo-Force/Deathstroke plot... and they said no. DC told him they had plans for Geo-Force/Deathstroke... but they never materialized. So now it will be part of his WILL AND TESTAMENT one shot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home