Saturday, October 04, 2008

The Return of Howard Porter



This week sees the return of the name Howard Porter to comics with the release of DC Universe: Decisions #2, the artist doing interior work on the comic before becoming the regular penciler on Titans in November. Newsarama talked to Porter about the injury and what got him back to drawing.

NRAMA
: And you're the regular penciler on Titans now, right?

HP: Yeah. I'm going to be doing at least a couple story arcs coming up. And I'm working with Judd [Winick] again. I enjoy his scripts. And there's a JLA vs. Titans story that's coming up, so that will be neat. I'll get to draw the JLA again.

NRAMA: Let's go back for a second to when you first picked up that pencil again, Howard. You had a sketchbook there with you for whenever you weren't driving?

HP: I took it with me in the bus. There's time that you're just sitting there waiting to be called to get in line to pick up the kids.

Read the whole interview here.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    porter's art is painfully unattractive. i see no appeal in it whatsoever.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DCU: Decisions #2 was probably the worst I've seen his art in a long time. Crooked eyes, uneven arms, etc. I loved his run on Flash with Johns though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home