Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Van Skiver Talks About Wally's New Look



Newsarama talked to Ethan Van Sciver
about his upcoming work on Flash: Rebirth, Blackest Night and the mysterious Wonder Woman project with Gail Simone.

NRAMA: One last question about Flash: Rebirth. Is it true that you're redesigning Wally West's costume for that series?

EVS: That's correct. He will have a very interesting and exciting new costume that will establish his own unique identity in the Flash Universe. When you see it, it will be instantly familiar. Nobody's going to freak out. It's not suddenly blue. He's not reverting to the costume he wore as an infant, or as Kid Flash. It's just a handy new look that fits right in, just like everything I've done. I just try to keep everything so that it looks like I didn't create it. It was already there. I believe in that, because I'm very humble. And very helpful.

NRAMA: [laughs] And that's the kind of change we need.

For the full interview, click here.

I trust in Johns & Van Skiver to do Wally proud.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger D.Bishop (aka Mr. Allison Blaire) said…

    I have no doubt that the outcome will be great but I always thought Wally had a pretty distinctive look, even more so during the shiny suit days. I hope he doesn't get pushed into a secondary position like Kyle Raynor was when Hal came back.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got a good feeling we'll be seeing the John Fox costume again...

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think ethan will do Wally justice. as long as we dont get the Kingdom Come Flash from Wally it'll be ok

    -mb

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm hopeful for a good looking Wally. After all, with Barry back, Wally needs to look like his own man again. Of course, I'm more worried about Wally becoming a second string character again. I'm willing to be he'll be pushed back down to titans status and Barry will take his place in the JLA at least.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home