Friday, March 13, 2009

Blue Beetle & Ravager to Get 'Co-Features' in DC Titles


I'm squeeing like a fanboy. Ravager in solo tales!


From Newsarama: " In June, both Teen Titans and Booster Gold (prior to the launch of Doom Patrol, which debuts later in the summer) will gain their own co-features: Ravager and Blue Beetle, respectively. The co-features will be presented in pages added in addition to the regular series’ stories."

" According to DiDio, the Blue Beetle and Ravage stories will pick up on threads from the recently canceled Blue Beetle series, as well as Ravager’s storyline in Terror Titans, and will continue to move the characters in their own directions.

“We’ve listened to things that people are saying, and there are a lot of well-loved characters out there that for whatever reason can’t support a series at this time,” DiDio said. “This approach, we feel, gives them a chance to shine and attract new readers and fans as well, and more importantly, add value to our books as well.”

The move is, as DiDio pointed out, a return of sorts for DC, as he pointed back to his own days of a fan when Firestorm appeared as a second feature in the ongoing Flash series. Those stories, DiDio said, are still fondly remembered by fans today, and also still have ramifications decades down the road."

Read the whole story here.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great news.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Daryl Graham said…

    I like this, I used to love the old back up stories back in the old days

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fittingly, Blue Beetle back up for Booster Gold, and Ravager back up for Teen Titans. Not a bad idea. Too bad they cant be in their own books and have to be back up for somebody else, also it will taken atleast eight story pages out of the regular story line. A better idea would be for DC to come out with the TEEN TITAN'S SPOTLIGHT Vol.2 again to feature these two potential ongoing single story lines. And have a third round robin story with any current Titans charater. The problem with the first Teen Titan's Spotlight was inconsistency in story line with different characters which reader never get use to. There were never one single continuous story from month to month that reader can latch onto.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, I don't think this will take pages from the lead story. These are supposed to be bigger books to help justify the higher $3.99 price they will carry. Like larger food servings, it may be more economical for DC to put out a little more of their product in order to justify the amount they have to charge.

    It sure beats a flat-out price increase.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well...They better not raise their cover price for this. I am cutting back as much as I can on the monthly comic expense.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Additional backup stories, good!

    Ravager not being a Titans member, bad.

    Though perhaps she should be in NY rather than San Fran.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Although I'm glad DC is giving more content for the $1 price hike the titles are getting, I think both Teen Titans and Booster Gold are on my drop list.

    I'm not a huge Ravager fan, so paying an extra dollar for a story I'd probably skip isn't tempting to me.

    I used to love the backup stories when I was a kid, but pricing was low enough back then that even as an 8-year-old I could afford to buy whatever I wanted each month. Not so much now.

    I will say that this move will help me gauge what I should keep and what I should drop. And if I love the characters in the co-features yet to be named, I'll totally keep buying those titles. If not...I'll just pick up the odd issue here and there that appeals to me.

    All that being said, I will probably give the the title a 3-month trial once the Ravager feature is added, just to be sure.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said…

    Way more excited about BB than Ravager.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AWESOME!!! Prayers have been answered...sorta. Atleast I get more of two of my favorite Titans.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home