Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hugh Sterbakov on TITANS #14


Hugh Sterbakov, guest writer on the upcoming TITANS #14, commented on the issue on his blog: "I didn't realize the solicits were coming out today, but I guess the cat's out of the bag. The publisher I mentioned that I've been working on some ideas with is DC, and the first thing that has come to fruition is a one-shot story in Titans, which is a series that reunites the original Teen Titans as adults. It's a team very much in flux, however, since the lead character, Dick Grayson (the first Robin), has gone off to be involved with Batman: Battle for the Cowl and the other ramifications of Bruce Wayne being dead. (For those of you who don't read comics, Batman is currently dead. And in other related news, nobody who ever dies in comics ever stays dead). I'm not taking over the book, and don't have much idea where it's going after my story. I'm just doing this one issue, which is based on an idea I brought them for the character of Cyborg.

This is a very personal, introspective story with Cyborg taking stock of his situation, and grappling with the inner struggle of his character, which is a man vs. machine dichotomy. Happened to be very similar to the themes I'm tackling in my SciFi pilot, which is weird, but at least I was already in the mindset. There will be a good amount of action, though, since the story came together nicely as a little bit of an epilogue to a big crossover event they're about to begin."

2 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hugh who?

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Mr Saturday Morning said…

    He co-wrote Top Cow's FRESHMEN with Seth Green (fun series) and has written for ROBOT CHICKEN.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home