Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sean McKeever Leaves TEEN TITANS


It is with sad news I bring this message from Sean McKeever:

"Hey, everyone. A bit of good news/bad news for you. Which is which will depend upon your opinion of my work, I guess...

I have decided to leave Teen Titans. My last issue will be #71.

It's been a wild ride for 22 issues (plus an Annual and Terror Titans)--sometimes good, sometimes bad, and often awesome. I've really come to care about these kids during my tenure, but now it's time for me to place my focus elsewhere.

However, you will still see my name in Teen Titans for a while, as I'm writing the Ravager co-feature in the back of the book. It's gonna be great to get inside Rose's head and write her with a first-person narrative. (Of which you'll get a preview in my last full issue.)

Because of this decision, it's likely that you won't see me in this thread a great deal. There isn't a lot about the Ravager story that I want to reveal in detail and I obviously don't have much to tell you about the future of the title's main course.

I want to thank you all for your questions, enthusiasm, praise and criticisms. It's been a real pleasure communicating with some of the title's most passionate fans."

Speaking for myself, I will miss Sean on the title. I was a big fan of his work over at Marvel (SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE and GRAVITY). I've enjoyed a lot of the moments Sean has brought the title in the last 22 issues. Thanks, Sean!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and here we go again... maybe this time we'll be able to get a stable writer and art team who can respect the book and not keep changing things.

    but then again this is DC, so i might be asking a bit to much for that.

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. It doesn't seem like he's been writing the title for that long.

    I liked what he did, but I'm hoping they bring in a writer who'll lighten things up a bit.

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger AlbertJohn3 said…

    I really enjoyed Sean's run on the book. I hope they bring in someone with Sean's knack for dialog. That is what I enjoyed most.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, this series is just, really, getting crapped on as of late. If this is becoming such a problem, I'LL WRITE THE SERIES.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I almost want to cry...i was praying this would not FUCKING happen!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wasn't a big fan of Sean's run. To me, Teen Titans stopped being interesting at the one year jump. But I did like what I read, and so maybe I'll pick up some of the trades.

    But Sean's comments on Newsarama about creative differences just have me flummoxed. What in god's name does DC think they're doing?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home