Saturday, March 21, 2009

Teen Titans in "Wednesday Comics"

Newsarama has announced "Wednesday Comics": " The publisher today officially announced Wednesday Comics, a new 12-part weekly series launching this summer that will be presented in a 14” x 20” broadsheet format and will have to be unfolded and opened to be read. The "Wednesday" part of the title refers to the fact new comic books go on sale at comic book stores nationwide every Wednesday."

" Characters coming up in the pages of
Wednesday Comics include: Hawkman (already linked to creator Kyle Baker art for which can be seen here), Batman, Adam Strange, Metamorpho (linked to Neil Gaiman and Mike Allred), Catwoman, Demon, Deadman, Kamandi, Superman, Sgt. Rock, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Teen Titans, Supergirl, Flash and the Metal Men . Each story will have its own full-page installment each week for the 12 issues. The stories may be standalone stories with each installment, or a 12-part serial – the choice was left up to the creators."

Sean Galloway is providing the art for TEEN TITANS, and he's posted a preview on
his blog: "I told ya this year was the year I'm doing more sequentials. :) The story I'm working on is a 12 pager. [...] Also here's what I did first to get a good feel of the characters. I was given the liberty to cheeks-ify them."

They look pretty cool! Check out another image and Cheek's blog here!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What the heck's up with Cassie? I think the zip hoodie idea is cool, but a skirt over jeans?? And one giant boot thing and one regular jean leg??? And, most important, her color scheme should NOT be red and beige.

    The general figure designs are OK, but Cassie is a big miss and if you're going to do a weird ponytail thing, only do it to one character...

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Tim Rooney said…

    Hell to the yes I love Cheeks.

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said…

    I still think this design is better for Cassie than the current one. But I agree with Anonymous about the ponytail thing... from the two pics I think Cheeks is trying for an anime vibe.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's interesting, but it reminds of "The Batman" and I hated that show.

    I'm also not a fan of skinny legs and HUGE boots. On a positive note, I like Robin and Red Devil is a HUGE improvement over the current look.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not shown on this promo art is Ravager. But if you go to Sean Galloway's blog and look at some of his other preview art, he clearly has Ravager on the team.

    Looks good, but I think I would rather have seen the older Titans getting some love. Maybe if this weekly becomes a success, they'll do a Titans weekly strip?

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Mr Saturday Morning said…

    Yeah, I didn't want to post BOTH pictures, so you guys would HAV Eto visit Sean's blog! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home