Friday, April 17, 2009

Didio on TITANS #14


In the latest edition of 20 Answers with Dan Didio, some words on the plans for the Titans & Teen Titans going forward:

"9. Is there any word on Titans #14? The last time we spoke, we talked about Hugh Sterbakov coming on for that issue, and now he’s said that he’s not writing it...what’s up?

DD: Eric Wallace will be coming on board for that issue. I’d like to say that I’m really excited about it like I was last time, but that seems to be some kind of kiss of death for writers on that book (laughs). But all kidding aside, Eric is on board and very excited about working on that issue of Titans, and he’s doing a great job for us on Ink, so that one’s all good right now.

NRAMA: Will the story still be the same, that is, “A Day in the Life” starring Cyborg?

DD: Yes – the overarching idea is that we’ll be taking a look at a day in the lives of our team members with a bigger story running underneath them all, so it gives each of the characters a chance to shine a little bit, and gives a few different writers an opportunity to try their hand at the Titans, but more importantly, it helps us to set the ground work for a big story at the end of the year with Titans and Teen Titans as the two books will be coming together again."

Blah, blah, blah.

Until it all changes again, right?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Didio is a definitive moron. He's the very reason stayed away from the DCU the moment Infinite Crisis#1 came out.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Diane Brendan said…

    While I understand that Dan has probably the most difficult balancing act in comics, I just don't understand why he thinks people want to read the kind of dark, bleak, depressing drek that Titans and other books have become.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Jon said…

    I love the idea of some "day in the life" issues, but what Didio is COMPLETELY missing the point on is that these shouldn't be issues where a variety of writers are given a crack at writing a character. The whole reason they worked so well in NTT was that Wolfman KNEW the characters inside/out and could write meaningful stories that expanded the series as a whole.

    One-shots by a bunch of different writers? A complete waste of time. I dropped the Titans series after #2 and there's been absolutely nothing done to make me want to pick it up again. And I'm on the verge of dropping Teen Titans, too. So very, very sad.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Mike Lepp said…

    He said that both books would be 'coming together' again. Are they going to be ONE SERIES? I dunno, it struck me as...odd.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Jon said…

    I think the "coming together" comment was in reference to the current crossover. But I'm not buying the Titans or Vigilante parts of that.

    If they plan to do the occasional crossover that I can skip if I choose, I can live with that, but if they try to line both series up like the Superman books or something...let's just hope they don't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home