Saturday, May 23, 2009

Is "Games" Back On?


From http://jonpinto.blogspot.com/:"So much so that when others were gathered and I asked George what he would be working on next professionally, he told us that there were three things offered by DC and he accepted two of them but could not tell us what they were. So I asked what was the one he turned down. He told us that he turned down the opportunity to write Teen Titans and explained why he did so. While then talking about Teen Titans and how the anniversary is coming up and how DC wanted to cash in on all of this I posed another question to him. He actually stared at me for a moment and then smiled at me and revealed to everyone that what I asked him was exactly what he would be working on. I am purposely being vague about what that is because it is not official yet and his partner in it does not even know that George has agreed to finish this project (there's your hint.). Wow!"

This strongly hints that we will FINALLY see "Games", the long-planned never-published Teen Titans graphic novel from 1989 by Marv Wolfman and George Perez.

If you aren't familiar with "Games", click here for the full story.

hm, I'd actually RATHER it NOT be "Games". Sarah Simms is alive in the recent Cyborg mini, so it renders a plot point immaterial now. It also features a battle at the World Trade Center. Plus, I hate to tell you guys... "Games" isn't the grand opus Titans story you think it is; It's OK, but not fantastic.

I wish it were a completely new "Titans something" from George.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous LANCE :) said…

    I assume its gonna have to be like a non contunity special or something now considering sarah simms is now alive and well. It's gonna be nice to see jericho fight alongside his friends than against him as well

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Diane Brendan said…

    I'll buy it, no matter how good it is. It will be a pleasant trip back to better days. Besides, how can you not want to see some new George Perez Titans art?

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I'll buy it, no matter how good it is. It will be a pleasant trip back to better days. Besides, how can you not want to see some new George Perez Titans art?"

    You said it!!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous USS_Titans said…

    Marv is a magician of a writer. I can see he would manipulated the story line to fit any continuety screw up that might not fit with the current DC history. Called it the Untold Titans story. From what I know there are 75% of the pages from the novel are done (and yes I saw them close up myself). Only a handful of these pages are done in ink. I dont see any problem seeing those two master magician Marv/George, waving their wands to finnaly give us the Graphic Grail(Hint, Hint) that we been craving for twenty years now.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous USS_Titans said…

    By the way Nightwing.....You shouldn't speculate on this site that the Games is back on. Even if it was so easy to read between the line. If George and DC find out the about how this story was leak. They are going to blow their tops. This was suppose to be their top secret plan for the Titans Anniversary celebration. Worse thing is that they would be so piss off, they might decide to shelve the project again for another 20 years. And George would never talk to another fan again. Seriously. You might see George at any convention with a DC security guard looking over his shoulder all the time. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home