Tuesday, May 19, 2009

JT Krul Talks Titans: Swimming With Sharks


Comicbookresources.com has an interview with JT Krul, who is writing TITANS #15. Hey, it sounds like Krul has some respect for Garth, which I, in turn, respect:

J.T. Krul, known primarily for his work on “Fathom” for Aspen Comics, is diving headfirst into DC Comics' “Titans” in July when he brings Tempest back to Titans Tower.

Tempest, first introduced as Aqualad in “Adventure Comics” #269 in 1960, was a founding member of the Teen Titans along with the original Robin, Dick Grayson, and the first Kid Flash, Wally West.

Fans of the 36-year-old Krul, who once worked as production coordinator on “Seinfeld,” will be sad to hear that he’s not the new ongoing writer on “Titans,” but he writing a “Blackest Night” tie-in book: "Blackest Night: Titans." In this interview with CBR News, Krul shared some major details about his fill-in work on “Titans” #15 and promised readers whether they know him or not, they’re going to care about Garth by the end of the issue.


Do you have a favorite character or run?

Right now, I have to say Tempest is my favorite character. I mean, isn’t that obvious? But, if I had to choose another, I would actually say Tim Drake/Robin or Roy/Red Arrow. As for runs, I really got into the relaunch that Geoff Johns did and the “Kid’s Game” storyline was a great rebirth of that title. Going back, I also really enjoyed the Terra stuff. I think Marv Wolfman was really doing some incredible stories back then, as he managed to take a team of teenagers and use their trials and tribulations to propel them into adulthood.

What can you tell us about the story you're telling in “Titans” #15?

Well, the short of it is Tempest is back, and back in a big way. If you love Tempest and have been chomping at the bit for his return, this is it. And, if you don’t know Tempest or care about him, you will by the end of the issue.


Read the whole article here.


1 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Diane Brendan said…

    Well, at least its encouraging that he seems to like Marv Wolfman & Geoff Johns runs, since I think those are the two best Teen Titans runs of all time. But I'm really discouraged to see that DC seems to be dredging up Changling and Terra again for Blackest Night. I'd been hoping they'd let Garfield move beyond Tara Markov, which is one of the reasons why I enjoyed Geoff's little sidebar with Gar and Raven. But of course the siren call of old back issues seems to be too loud for DC.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home