Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Didio Names TITANS Creative Team


This from Dan Didio's 20 Answers:

4. Felicia Henderson was announced as the new Teen Titans writer. She’s new to comics, so what qualities does she have, in your view, what suits her to the job, and what body of work do you look at to gauge that?

DD: I’d met Felicia several times over the last year or so, and primarily, our discussions centered around the fact that she’s a huge comic fan and enjoys what we’re doing. Quite honestly, I look at her body of work over the years, but one of the things that I found most interesting is over the last couple of years, her work on shows like Fringe and Gossip Girls. She has a unique voice and a unique style, and brings a fresh set of eyes to our characters, and will hopefully bring us new ideas and stories, and even though we’re constantly working on story ideas and direction, a new sensibility and a vibrancy to the book. That’s what we’re striving to do day in and day out.

The bottom line is that she’s an incredibly talented writer, and I feel lucky to be able to give her a shot at working with us on this book.

5. Is there a similar announcement about the Titans creative team coming up?

DD: I’m sure there will be shortly.

NRAMA: Got a ballpark on time?

DD: How about right now? We’re happy to say that the team that’s working on Final Crisis Aftermath: Ink right now, Eric Wallace and Farbrizio Fiorentino will become the new regular team on the series after the current stories wrap up, but when they do come on board, expect dramatic changes in the world of the Titans.

9. Are there plans for Donna Troy outside of the Titans titles?

DD: Donna has a reunion with her family in Blackest Night: Titans #1.

NRAMA: Her family’s dead.

DD: Which is why it makes sense that she meets them in a Blackest Night
crossover.



"Dramatic Changes"? Again?

What do we think of this? Do we like the new creative team on TITANS?

5 Comments:

  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Thomas said…

    I have to give Dan DiDio credit, no matter how much I can't stand his ass...he's a master of saying absolutely nothing and making it sound like something Very Important Indeed.

    "Felicia Henderson is a great writer who's written stuff and I'm excited she'll be writing stuff for us because she's good at writing."

    My blood continues to run cold....

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Diane Brendan said…

    I liked Eric Wallace's one issue of Titans so far, but I really dislike talk of further 'dramatic changes' to the Titans. How about this for a dramatic change: turning out a book that Titans fans actually want to read?

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger J.T. Bell said…

    When it comes to a creative team on the Teen Titans (and Titans), the thing I really want is to see the Titans get back to their roots in some respects. When Judd Winick picked up the Titans, he mentioned how he was going to show them as a "family". The concepts that Winick put within the story (such as Sons of Trigon and such), I could wrap my head around. What I couldn't wrap my head around was the wacky characterization.

    The characters on both teams don't resemble the people that I once liked to read. I continue to buy Titans and Teen Titans because they have such potential, but it seems like they keep stray away from the "family" concept or the idea that these Teenagers need friends their own age who they can really fully be themselves around. I like action stories as much as the next guy, but I want something with personality. The stories leading up to these new writers have been two dimensional.

    I want Wonder Girl to be the Amazon that she was trained to be. I want to see the Titans come together as a family as they would be now (and not as they were during Perez and Wolfman's run). They've grown up into adults. They are respected. Some are parents (or were). They've aged. I want the troubles that friends have when they reconnect after being away. Sorry about the soap box, but maybe...someday.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Jack said…

    Can't wait for the new artist. I have only glanced at the previews, but I already love his work in Final Crisis: Ink! Lets hope it goes in a similar style (not dumbed down!!!) It's good to hear that there will at least be some talent on a Titans book! =D

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A ver si de una vez por todas los Titanes reciben el respeto -respect- en el universo DC que se merecen. Pero la tal Felicia Henderson ¡Gossip Girl, por dios! NO, repito, NO me da ninguna confianza. -No trust-. No deseo que el comic de los Titanes se convierta en un culebrón, y con esta mujer todo indica que esto es lo que va a suceder. Dan DiDio la ha cagado -messing up- como siempre, -as always-. Tambien digo que, pase lo que pase, siempre seré fan de los Titanes -corefan-. No hay suficientes DiDios en el mundo para que me hagan borrarme -quit-.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home