Sunday, July 26, 2009

SDCC 2009: Geoff Johns on All Flash


And this weekend DC revealed he’s also writing a “Flash” ongoing series after “Flash: Rebirth” and “Blackest Night: Flash” are complete. It should also be noted that in conjunction with the most recent announcement, DC announced Sterling Gates, Johns’ long-time assistant who is now writing “Supergirl,” will be working on a “Kid Flash” ongoing, as well. No artist was named for either project.

CBR News: Geoff, speedster fans must be reveling in all this Flash news. On top of all your other projects, now you’re writing a “Flash” ongoing too.

Geoff Johns: Yes, It’s very exciting. I can’t say much just yet but I’m writing the “Flash” monthly, and it will come out after “Blackest Night: Flash” and “Kid Flash” by Sterling Gates will come on the scene after that. We’re going to be working in unison like Pete [Tomasi] and I work on “Green Lantern” and “Green Lantern Corps.”

We’re going to slowly dive into the Flash universe. And no one else knows this yet but the title of the first arc in the “Flash” monthly, ‘The Dastardly Deaths of the Rogues.’

Can you say whether it will feature Barry or Wally?

I don’t want to spoil “The Flash: Rebirth,” but all the Flashes in the Flash Universe will be major players in both Flash books.

I love working on The Flash. He’s my favorite character. And working on the movie and working on the comic at the same time is a dream come true for me.

See the whole article here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said…

    Yay! A Bart ongoing!

    ...Or should I be upset because DC will undoubtedly find a way to ruin it? :-(

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Red Robin said…

    I'm worried. See, I LOVED the Impulse book because it was a action/humor. Bart was a drawn by a great artist who made him look cute and exciting. The stories were fun and lacking in the drama we had to deal with in other books.

    And I'm pretty sure Kid Flash isn't going to be like Impulse. I'm willing to bet its going to be dark and depressing. No fun thought bubbles or short attention-span jokes or Bart being delightfully innocent about girls and stuff.

    Please DC... prove me wrong...

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Avi Green said…

    Johns is back on the Flash? Then I'm out of there just as fast. He may have all but drawn me in to the Flash years ago, but frightened me away just as quickly.

    And I don't hold high hopes for a new Kid Flash series either. Mainly because Bart was better off as Impulse!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home