Monday, September 07, 2009

More Titans from J.T. Krul

Reaction to Krul's two Titans issues (TITANS: BLACKEST NIGHT #1 and TITANS #15) has been positive among us battle-weary Titans fans. He seems to "get" these characters in a way we haven't seen since Titans (the elder team) relaunched. J.T. Krul has joined ComicBloc, and he's revealed some upcoming Titans stuff:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that I am glad to see so many of you liked Garth's return to the pages of Titans. It was a great story to work on, and i can't wait for you all to see what's in store for Blackest Night: Titans. It's going to be sick and twisted and a whole lot of fun...except for the Titans that is.


And fans will be happy to know there's more Titans-goodness from J.T.:

I agree. What a great cover! But I have to admit that I'm pretty biased, seeing that I'm writing the story. : )

And, by the way, it's a two-parter. Both #77 and #78 are one story that centers on Ravager and Deathstroke as they get haunted, BN-style. I could share more, but come on - that cover says it all, doesn't it?


and, on upcoming work:

Thanks. A lot of credit goes to Geoff, Eddie, Brian, Adam, Rex and the gang. Not to mention Benes and the rest of the art team. I am REALLY REALLY REALLY happy with how the project is turning out.

As for DC stuff, I'm writing a two-part BN tie-in for TEEN TITANS - featuring RAVAGER and DEATHSTROKE, plus a RED ARROW spotlight issue in TITANS in Nov. More to come after that. : )

I also write a lot for ASPEN COMICS. FATHOM Vol. #3 is just finishing up, as is the SOULFIRE: NEW WORLD ORDER miniseries. SOULFIRE Vol. #2 premieres in Sept. with art by current RED ROBIN artist, MARCUS TO.

And, I have a creator-owned book coming out early 2010 called MINDFIELD about telepathic CIA operatives who function as a kind of thought police to combat domestic terrorism.

Oh, and I just found out yesterday that a BEACH HEAD G.I.JOE story I wrote will also be coming out after the first of the year.


Cool.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Thomas said…

    To my surprise, BN:TITANS was the best Teen Titans story I've read in almost two years--and that's even with the de-aging of Donna's son and the constant 'I'm an avatar of WAR, WOO-HAAA!' proclamaitions by the second Hawk...

    So more by Krul is fine by me.

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Madame Rogue said…

    Someone please get JT Krul on a titans title. Any titans title.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Thomas said…

    Didn't want to say it, Madame...but I have to agree.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also agree!

    This is the best Titans story I've read in years (of course that doesn't say much)!

    ~ Rick

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Red Robin said…

    Its sad that a massive cross-over tie-in books is a thousand times better than the main book. But if we could get Krul to be a regular on the series, I actually think the books might be worth the read.

    But knowing Dan Didio, he'll never allow it. He'll give us one book with this guy, and then pull him for a crappy one. Didio seems to think angering the fans is a good way to get sales going. Funny, how the financial figures say other otherwise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home