Saturday, September 19, 2009

Donna Troy's New Origin - and a Plea


Regular readers of titanstower.com know I'm a big fan of Donna Troy. A few months ago, I gave her origin a lot of thought, and discovered a good way to streamline it in post-Infinite Crisis continuity (with Wonder Woman back as a founder of the JLA). This new approach keeps the best of the Pre and Post Crisis stories with the Amazons and Titans of Myth - while removing some more confusing baggage like the cascading multiple lives.

You can read my analysis here.

I'm not waiting for DC to embrace this, although I REALLY believe they should. I updated Donna's profile page to reflect these changes and I've also included a detailed look at her different origins, with some printed proof that my new origin works with what has been published to date. I even updated Dark Angel's page and Magala's entry to show how these changes barely effect these characters.

My Plea to Titans fans: Let's get DC to embrace this origin! It's simple, easy to understand, and gives us the best amalgamation of Donna's history without any ret-cons. It's a soft ret-con, which is the best kind of ret-con.

Let Dan Didio know we want this origin on his myspace: link

Ask Dan Didio to make this origin canon at his 20 Questions.

Spread the word on DC Nation facebook: link

Let's get Donna Troy back on track so we can stop telling stories on her past - and concentrate on her future.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I posted this on Dan Didio's wall on facebook.Hope he reads it.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Anonymous USS_Titans said…

    As a long time Titans fan I wished you all the luck with your Plea for the Donna Troy's new Origin, my friend. But your plea will come to deaf ears. Us Titans fan have pleas them with the rescue of Teen Titans Go TV series, Teen Titans Go comic series, Teen Titans Judas Contract video and stop killing Titans for rating. It seems that none of our pleas have been heard yet. So our track record have been way below sastisfaction for me to have any confidence that Didio will ever respond to your plea.
    Best of luck.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Silver Tomato Productions said…

    Amen. It's no wonder Titans sales are slipping with all the revolving door deaths and re-re-re-revisions of origins, plus the fact that the two Titans books haven't held a consistant writer/artist sinc McKeever left. It's not the characters that aren't profitable. It's the idiots running them.

    Tomato

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    or Donna could just go away forever.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "or Donna could just go away forever"

    HELL NO!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home